The Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium (ANTHC) is a non-profit health organization based in Anchorage, Alaska which provides health services to about 150,000 Alaska Natives and American Indians in Alaska. Established in 1997, ANTHC is owned and managed by Alaska Native tribal governments and their regional health organizations.
ANTHC is co-manager, with the Southcentral Foundation, of the Alaska Native Medical Center (ANMC), a 150-bed facility in Anchorage with a staff including more than 250 physicians and 700 nurses.
ANMC is a level II trauma center, the highest level that can be achieved in Alaska. It has received Magnet Status for nursing excellence, a designation achieved by only about 7 percent of all hospitals nationwide. It is the only tribally operated hospital with Magnet Status in the United States.
The Alaska Native Medical Center opened in its current facility in May 1997.
In 1998, ANTHC launched the Alaska Federal Health Care Access Network (AFHCAN) to provide primary and specialty telehealth services to Alaska Native communities.
In 2003, the Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium developed the Alaska Dental Health Aide Program to train dental therapists who could provide culturally appropriate education and routine dental services under the supervision of a dentist to high-risk residents of rural villages.
These therapists now provide dedicated access to oral health care for more than 35,000 individuals, most of whom lived in communities that typically did not have a dedicated provider.
ANTHC is part of the Alaska Tribal Health System and is one of 22 co-signers of the Alaska Tribal Health Compact, a self-governance agreement with the Indian Health Service.
- Akiachak Native Community
- Aleutian/Pribilof Islands Association
- Arctic Slope Native Association
- Bristol Bay Area Health Corporation
- Chickaloon Village Traditional Council
- Chitina Traditional Council
- Cook Inlet Tribal Council, Inc.
- Chugachmiut, Inc.
- Copper River Native Association
- Council of Athabascan Tribal Governments
- Native Village of Diomede
- Eastern Aleutian Tribes, Inc.
- Native Village of Eklutna
- Fairbanks Native Association
- Hoonah Indian Association
- Native Village of Karluk
- Kenaitze Indian Tribe, IRA
- Knik Tribal Council
- Ketchikan Indian Corporation
- Kodiak Area Native Association
- Maniilaq Association
- Metlakatla Indian Community
- Mt. Sanford Tribal Consortium
- Ninilchik Traditional Council
- Norton Sound Health Corporation
- Native Village of Quinhagak
- Seldovia Village Tribe
- Southcentral Foundation
- South East Alaska Regional Health Consortium
- St. George Traditional Council
- Tanana Chiefs Conference
- Tanana IRA Native Council
- Native Village of Tyonek
- Ukpeagvik Inupiat Corporation
- Yakutat Tlingit Tribe
- Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation
- Valdez Native Tribe